Mitzvah day is a day of social action. It is not about fundraising or donating money; it is simply about taking a couple of hours of our time to help others, both within our own community and in the wider community.
Mitzvah Day 2018 is on Sunday 18th November.
Our Bushey Gives Back committee has been working very hard over the last few months getting lots of projects together under our theme of ‘All you need is love’ as we try to bring a smile to people’s faces! So please help us make this Mitzvah Day the best one yet through getting involved in one of the volunteering opportunities we have available.
As well as lots of projects going on we have a MITZVAH DAY FAIR for all children of nursery and primary school age to do something for charity and do their own mitzvah! Entry is free and there will be other fun stuff such as face painting and hair braiding going on.
Completely new to this year we have a Techy Helpdesk Corner within the fair where we are offering free technology advice to anyone who needs it. Please contact either or to book your place.
We are also collecting items for Goods for Good to be distributed to refugee adults and children. Please contact either or for drop off details.
The list pf projects is below – please let me know as soon as possible what you would be interested in helping with so we can hopefully fill all the slots.
- A Mitzvah Day Tea Party in the afternoon bringing together our senior and junior members. We need lots of volunteers for this one:-
- making sandwiches
- serving tea
- helping with transport
- Helping children with craft activities
- Collecting for GIFT outside Flax and Kelman’s between 9am and 1pm (1 hour slots)
- Gardening at the New Hope Trust Homeless Shelter 9am-1pm
- Visiting elderly people in Bushey who are members of our neighbouring Christian communities – As well as volunteers to visit people we are also looking for someone to help Adrienne Grossman plan and coordinate this project over the next few weeks.
- Visiting Watford General Hospital children’s ward – timings TBC
- Manning the donations stands at 10am-1pm (1 hour slots) This year we are collecting for Bushey FoodBank and Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice- more details to follow
And for children:-
- Mitzvah Zone for children this year will be part of the Tea Party so please bring your children and grandchildren to our Mitzvah craft fair
And for youth:-
- We welcome our youth to get involved in any of the above projects that interests them either by themselves or in a group.
- Also, following the success of last year’s musical concert at Princess Alexandra we would like to have something similar at the Mitzvah Day Tea Party in the afternoon. If you would like to get involved in this please let me know.
We look forward to hearing from you soon,
The Bushey Gives Back committee
For a flavour of what goes on, look at write up, videos and photos of previous Mitzvah Day activities.