It’s a New Term and our 4th Year at Bushey Sage!
We are delighted that Bushey Sage has been such a success, and now has a membership of over 400. Due to its popularity, the membership list for 2019 is currently closed to non Bushey Shul members. The Committee has increased its range of talks and activities for the coming term which we are sure you will enjoy.
Stuart Bloom is the chairman of the Bushey Sage committee. He welcomes hearing anyone from within or outside our community who can offer a talk or presentation of interest to our members.
The first term of 2019 started on 15th January. The dates and detailed programme for each of our terms be seen on the Sage Calendar of Events page. All Sage members receive a Calendar of Events for the following month.
In addition to our regular weekly sessions we have inspirational Guest Speakers who are passionate about their chosen subjects and can sometimes be controversial! For those who want even more than the weekly Sage experience, we have walks each Monday morning as well as outside visits and walks to places of interest which may be local or further afield.
Annual Membership for 2019 is £25
If you have any questions, would like to suggest some new activities or if you feel you might have some interesting experiences that you would be willing to share with our members, please contact our Sage@busheyus.org or call 07778 305367.
Bushey Sage sessions start at 1.30pm with a break for refreshments at 2.45pm. Between 2.45 and 3.15 all members meet for tea, cake and the chance to meet people who weren’t in their chosen session. The second sessions start at 3.15, and all activities at the Shul are finished by 4.30pm.
Whatever your choice you will be made very welcome!
Our weekly activities include the following.. Please click on each heading for details:
- Current Affairs
- Bridge Club
- Kalooki Club
- Bridge for Beginners
- Supported Bridge for Advanced Beginners
- And the following on a monthly basis:
- Outdoor Visits and Activities
- Monthly Guest Speakers – There will be a variety of speakers covering a range of interesting topics. Further details will be available nearer the time.There are also various ad hoc events throughout the year such as walking tours, theatre visits. Annual membership covers the cost of the above sessions. For any additional trips, tours, visits etc. additional cost are involved.
- The links above give details about the course leaders and the topics covered.